Bread requires long time with fermentation with yeast and baking. The techniques of baking different kinds of breads are unique to the type. There are certain types which can be made quickly.
- Buttermilk biscuits – Knead the dough only for 5 minutes. Add buttermilk instead of water to quicken the process of baking. Fold the dough and bake in the oven. Quick snacks are ready and they are tender and yummy.
- Lemon Muffins – Add lemon to the dough and egg. The olive oil will make it soft and tangy. For the full recipe you can read this article.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Bread – This is quick to make and tasty to eat. Peanut butter is put in the dough with banana. Together they make the bread soft and tasty.
- Scones – Less sugar and more egg helps to make these sweeties. They are not very sweet and you can have it even if you have diabetes. A sprinkle of dry fruits increases the fibre content.
- Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread – Using pineapple as a flavour and mixing with warm cinnamon makes this tasty bread. Quick to make and nice to eat.
- Pumpkin Bread – This bread tastes best with morning coffee or tea. Light flavour with aroma of fresh pumpkin, this is vintage stuff – right out of grandma’s recipe.
- Coconut Bread – This is a special one. The coconut milk used to knead the dough makes it soft and I have never had softer bread. I love to make this for friends.
Bread making is a nice hobby and I will follow up with something new next time. It will most probably be the sandwitches.